South Burlington Community Chorus Spring 2020 Semester
The South Burlington Community Chorus is an SATB chorus that was founded in 1973 and is partially funded by the South Burlington Recreation Department. There are no auditions to join our Chorus, and you do not have to be a South Burlington resident to join. The SBCC strives to create a community of singers who are committed to supporting one another to learn more about singing, have fun, and provide our audiences with quality performances.
Our Director is Erik Kröncke and our accompanist is Mary Jane Austin. To read more about us visit the ‘About Us‘ page!
Thinking of joining us? Here’s what you need:
- The ability to match pitch and follow along with the written music. Although the ability to read music isn’t required, you must be able to follow along with the written score and be open to new learning.
- Depending on the chosen program, some experience may be helpful.
- Consistently attend rehearsals. It is important to attend all rehearsals if possible.
- Review the music between rehearsals. Some pieces can be more challenging than others and will benefit from at least a quick review so that each rehearsal time builds upon the previous one.
Rehearsals start Tuesday, January 28th!
We will be performing Gabriel Faure’s Requiem.
In addition, the program will include: Turn the World Around (Belafonte), Sure on This Shining Night (Barber), Songs My Mother Taught Me (Dvorak) and Wayfaring Stranger (arr. DeCormier).
The concert is scheduled for Friday, May 8th at 7:30 p.m. at the McCarthy Arts Recital Hall, Saint Michael’s College.
Become a Member
Rehearsals are every Tuesday evening from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. in the Multi-Purpose Room of the South Burlington High School.
You may register in person at the first two rehearsals, on January 28th and February 4th. The January 28th and February 4th rehearsals are free!
ALL returning and new singers: Please register via the Registration Form whether or not you are paying online or trying out. Registering enables us to know how many copies of the music we need and helps us have a smoother check-in.
Please take the time to visit the Registration Page for more information and to pre-register.
- Please plan to arrive beginning at 6:15 p.m. the first night to allow for check-in or registration and to pick up your music.
- We will be in the Lobby to greet you!
- This semester’s dues remain at $ 50.00 plus $ 10.00 for your music = $ 60.00.
- If you so choose, you may pay online securely through PayPal on the Registration Page. Whether you choose to pre-pay or not, please pre-register using the form.